Wednesday, June 16, 2010

On being lonely...

Living by myself and being newly single you think it would all be quite depressing. It isn't, usually. I like my own company, I have a small group of friends I see when I choose, I get out and about but generally prefer staying at home, drinking tea, or walking around the neighbourhood.

But, I've been inxplicably lonely recently. Usual walks through the park, playing music and watching Ghostbusters is not doing it's usual trick. 

Sadness sometimes hits you like a tonne of bricks and there's little to do but embrace it.

The best way I've found to not feel lonely is to realise that everyone else is as well. I've been reading Eleanor Rigby by Douglas Coupland and listening to a few choice tracks about being by yourself.

Sueprgrass, 'Late in the Day'



Beck, 'Guess I'm Doin' Fine'




Neil Young, 'Only Love Can Break Your Heart'

1 comment: